Plaka Village - Lemnos Island
The fishing harbour of Plaka is the only marine facility that serves the fishermen of northeast coast line of Lemnos Island. This situation resulted in a high demand for berths for fishing boats that could not be met by the existing, 110m long, quay wall and created the need for expansion of the existing facilities.
In 2001, the former Municipality of Moudros contracted the consulting partnership offices led by Albert Paul Yamin, the final design of the expansion works. The study was successfully completed in the same year and constructed as well.
• Construction cost: 1,689,935 €
• Capacity: 130 berths for boats up to 11 meters length
• Total length of new quay walls: 260 meters
• Total length of windward and leeward moles: 195 meters
• Launching Ramp 7.00 meters wide
• Additional total land area: 5,310 m2