Moudros Town - Lemnos Island
Moudros is the second largest town of Lemnos Island, after Myrina, and it affords organized harbour facilities for servicing both fishing and tourist boats.
The number of available berths for fishing boats is not sufficient so as to serve the operating fleet in the area, resulting in the use of the facilities of the existing Marina as well and the general downgrading of provided services. Therefore, it came of as a need to expand the existing harbour so as to ensure new berths for the existing fleet and for larger fishing boats.
In 2001, the former Municipality of Moudros contracted the consulting partnership offices led by Albert Paul Yamin, the design of the expansion of the existing fishing harbour. The study was successfully completed in 2005 and constructed as well.
• Construction cost: 1,291,270 €
• Capacity: 194 berths for boats up to 20.00 meters length
• Total length of new quay walls: 208 meters
• Total length of windward mole: 222 meters
• Launching Ramp 5.00 meters wide
• Additional total land area: 6,360 m2