Kardamyla Village - Chios Island
Port of Kardamila is located on the Northeastern part of Chios Island, in the Bay of Marmaro. The existing port facility consists of a windward mole, a shallow quay wall along the coast and a leeward breakwater which provide limited protection for fishing and tourist boats against wave conditions.
In 2008 the Municipality of Kardamila contracted the consulting partnership led by CNWAY, the preparation of all necessary engineering studies for the expansion of the port facility in an ecological sensitive area, integrated into the trans-European network Natura 2000.
- Construction Cost 7,000,000€
- Fishing vessel capacity: 84 berths for boats up to 25 meters
- One external berth for a Passenger vessel up to 60 meters (occasional use)
- Launching Ramp 6.0 meters wide
- Total quay wall length 425m.
- One floating pontoon of 36.5 m.
- Total Land area 4,205 sq. m.