Aghia Kyriaki - Lemnos Island
On the eastern coast line of Lemnos Island, there is no other marine facility except the fishing harbor of Aghia Kyriaki located in the south part of Keros Bay, approximately in the middle of the coast line. The fishing boats are served by a quay wall that is not adequately protected by the northeastern and eastern winds. As a result, a large number of the local fishing fleet anchor near the north shores of the Bay, and a quite lower number use the existing berthing facilities.
In order to upgrade the provided services of the existing harbor facilities, the former Municipality of Moudros contracted in 2001, the consultant engineer Albert Paul Yamin, the final design of the expansion works. The study was successfully completed in 2002.
• Construction cost: : 1,394,000 €
• Capacity: 102 berths for boats up to 15 meters length
• Total length of new quay walls: 195 meters
• Total length of windward moles: 115 meters
• Launching Ramp 5.00 meters wide
• Total land area: 2,400 m2