CNWAY and its Associates have successfully completed the First Phase of Paros Port Master Plan. The first phase involved the collection and processing of data relating to the port facility, its uses, operational problems, as well as local community needs. The first phase included:
- Collection of data and previous studies concerning port operation,
- Interviews with local authorities about port operation, problems and their view of possible infrastructure improvements,
- Baseline survey and field observations,
- Photographic documentation / Aerial mapping,
- Data analysis and presentation,
- Port Strategic Plan formulation.
The first phase of the study was prepared in accordance with the specifications published by the Ministry of Shipping and Island Policy. In addition to and for the sake of completeness, the study team decided to include a SWOT analysis to the chapter of Port Strategic Plan formulation.